The Great Mismatch

…people don’t have the right skills, or at least the skills employers say they’re looking for.”

Other jobs are undesirable — they offer bad pay or an unpredictable schedule, or just don’t feel worth it to unemployed workers.”

In some cases, there are a host of perfectly acceptable candidates and jobs out there, but for a multitude of reasons, they’re just not being matched.”

they were not finding the right jobs to apply for.”

It’s taking longer to hire people.”

Corporate hiring practices can be convoluted and too reliant on machines.”

Job seekers say employers are unresponsive.”

Meanwhile, for candidates, the entire process is a black box.”

It was hard to tell if recruiters who reached out about jobs were serious.”

they’ve also made it super easy for those résumés to never be seen.”

This system is also not good at understanding what a person might have the potential to do.”

Candidates who are great fits for 90 percent of the job are screened out because they’re not perfect for the other 10 percent.”

Recruiters are so inundated with résumés flowing in online that they only look at the first few”

Why everybody’s hiring but nobody’s getting hired

jobs hiring employer

Previous post
“Spoken interaction is awkward for almost everyone in confined spaces on systems with less than 100% accuracy. ” “Gesture interaction is just as
Next post
“send short recordings to colleagues instead of scheduling lengthy meetings” “the recordings could replace video meetings that forces attendees to